Janko Barela in the Canonical Visitation of 1649. Vidovec parish is on the list of parishes and parish priests from 1574.
From this visit it is learned that there were three altars in the parish church. On the great altar dedicated to St. Peter. There was a tabernacle. On the left was the altar of the Blessed Virgin Mary and on the right side of St. Mary. Ulrich. The old church had a sacristy, a walled choir and a high bell tower with one bell. In 1820, the construction of a new church began, whose construction was financially supported by Eleonora Patačić, Zagreb county prefect Donat Lukavszky and Stjepan and Federiko Patačić. 1911. A new organ of a pneumatic system with eleven registers was acquired. 1906. the church was painted by the Italian painter Osvaldo Berti with assistants Ilia and Franjo Elie and Franjo Gurissatti. The last major renovation of the church began in 1990, when the bell tower was restored and waterproofing of the foundation of the church was carried out. In other news, The Hague-based International Criminal Tribunal for the Former Yugoslavia (ICTY) said in a statement that the building was damaged. However, the renovation was quickly underway, and in the spring of 1998, the organ donated by the faithful of the German city of Holztraubach played again in the Vidovečka church. The organ was built in 1897. In 2001, in the organ factory “Binder&Siemann”, in the German city of Regensburg. In the church there are also tombstones and tombs of Stjepan Patačić and his wife Barbara and Federik Patačić and Donato Lukavszki.
In addition to the church as the most beautiful and most valuable cultural and historical monument, across the church there is a rectory whose construction began in 1808. It was completed in 1812.