Gornji Kneginec

Parish Church of St. Mary Magdalene

Gornji Kneginec
10 minute

Share:

Share a post

/
/
Parish Church of St. Mary Magdalene

Dragutin Feletar in the monograph of the municipality of Gornji Kneginec, brings information from 1463. In 2001, he mentioned the “plebanus de Knegincz” which points to the fact that in the mid-15th century, he was sentenced to 15 years in prison. In the 19th century, Kneginac was the parish center.
The date of foundation of the parish of Kneginec is taken on 19. September 1789. On that day, the first parish priest of Kneginec Ivan Maurice Končić was enthroned.

Basic sources of information about the chapel, and then the church of St. Peter. Mary Magdalene in Kneginec are reports from canonical campaigns that have been preserved since the beginning of the 17th century. centuries.
Interesting is the fact about the stone element depicting a bearded male figure (head from Kneginac), which was located on the façade of the church, whose date is unknown for the time being, but it is certain that it is very old and valuable. Today it is exhibited in the church itself.
The church houses an organ from the German town of Pfronstetten and has nine registers.
There are four stained glass windows on the church: a stained glass window depicting St. Peter. St. George’s Church, the second stained glass window depicts St. Francis of Assisi, the third stained glass window depicts St. George. Mary Magdalene and the fourth stained glass window presentsalvation through the Eucharist.
The bell tower, according to a canonical visitation from 1678, is a canonical visitor. It was built into the chapel of the time. The height of the masonry part of the tower is 16.50 m, and the cap of the tower ends in the form of a pyramid and this part is three and a half meters high. On the part of the tower where the two bells are located, on all four sides are windows of Renaissance shape. Under those windows, on two floors are smaller windows that once served as loopholes.

The top of the tower does not have a regular finish with a cross, but is the so-called. copper “star” with the image of the Mother of God.
There are two bells in the bell tower. The older and easier one was acquired by the kindness and care of Dr. Alexander Kussy and his wife Maria. The second bell was acquired and dedicated to the 31st. August 1924. age. The bell was dedicated by The Archbishop of Zagreb, Dr. Antun Bauer.

Location

On this trip, visit...

Sleep and dream

Top recommendations from Varaždin hills.

Villa_Darabos_Slika_1

Kategorija objekta

4/5
Villa Daraboš